It’s a good time for organisations to be doubling down on employee engagement and experience efforts – which makes it a great time to take a closer look at the Engage employee app in all its infinite and transformative variety! It’s fully loaded with all your workforce and workplace essentials so let’s break it down for you with the first of five posts.
App-spect #1 – Internal communications
What do we get out of the box?
A personalised feed, profile, group and 1-2-1 messaging, push notifications, pinned posts, role/interest-based groups, social/personal posts, comments, likes and shares; mandatory read/acknowledge function
Key points to note:
- Everyone enjoys a ‘front page’ aggregator of all the important stuff right there in their personal feed – probably the single most important, influential function of any engagement and communications tool
- Everything is geared to driving connectedness, dialogue and transparency across the whole organisation. It's getting that all-ways communication going: top to bottom, bottom to top, side to side, peer to peer, but in an easy, effortless, and engaging way
- The ability to send – in a sustainable way - targeted, high impact content at speed and scale is a game-changer for organisations who have struggled with managing both messages and mechanisms. Right message to the right people at the right time pretty much sums it up
- The app is packed with modern media tools that will be instantly familiar to every age group, with zero training requirement and naturally geared to ‘social’ sharing
- Potential for huge reduction in internal email volumes and managerial cascade burden, and a massive increase in message penetration, immediacy and impact, with no risk of 'editorial' filtering. Has the added bonus of leaving Outlook and related project tools like Teams clear for customer or work stream related content.
- By keeping communications and messaging within the corporate firewall, you’re handling your governance obligations around data privacy – and keeping control of the narrative.
- And let's not forget the small, smart stuff like mandatory read/acknowledge functions - you've sent an advisory but how do you track who's read it and chase those who haven't? Now you can, end-to-end.